Table top displays are affordable, multifunctional props that can help you get noticed at trade shows as well as travel to other venues. They’re easy to operate, travel well, and serve a number of purposes. Investing in high quality table top displays is a smart move but only if you make the most of what you’ve got. Maximize your table top displays by designing them well, displaying them effectively, and using them often.
The design of a tabletop display makes it effective or a waste of space and money. A good design will get you noticed. A poor design will make you invisible to attendees. That’s a fate no trade show participant wants to endure.
If you want your trade show table top displays to get noticed, not ignored, here are a few pointers for your design.
- Be bold. This isn’t the time for subtle shades of taupe. Bright color and exciting photos will draw eyes your way.
- Minimize your words. People don’t pull over on the side of the road to read billboards. They won’t stop walking to read long lines of text on your display either. Any text should be brief and powerful.
- Simplify your fonts. Fancy lettering is too hard to read and sends the wrong message. Keep fonts simple and modern so they can be read easily from far away.
- Maximize your text. Keep the text short but go up a few points in font size. Bigger letters are more easily readable at greater distances, like across a huge venue.
- Make every element important. If it isn’t vital to your message, take it off your table top displays. This is your chance to tell the passersby who you are and why they need you. Don’t muddle the message.
Your trade show table top displays don’t stand alone. They need a table if nothing else! If you want to maximize their impact, you need to make them part of a cohesive unit along with tables, backdrops, and your entire complement of booth accessories.
Under your tabletop displays there are, naturally, tables. Don’t use the table cover provided by the show’s venue. It looks like you’ve forgotten something and that lack of attention to detail doesn’t make a good impression. Custom table covers and throws will coordinate perfectly with your display banners and table top pop ups, and that makes a much more impressive introduction to your business. Bring your entire booth together as a single unit with custom printing and coordinated materials.
Nothing you buy is a good investment unless you use it. Make the most of your table top displays by getting them out of the storage closet as often as possible. Use them to create a buzz at local events. Deck out your conference room next time you have an investors’ meeting. Set them up in sales presentations. Use them when and wherever you can to build your brand.
Maximizing your table top displays isn’t hard. Design them well and display them with pride as often as you can.