The challenge: stand out from the competition and create an engaging brand presence while keeping it within budget. When every dollar counts and you need maximum impact, portable trade show displays offer a cost-effective solution. What should you think about when choosing your exhibit to ensure you get a great return on your investment?
- How often will you use your display? If you plan on going to several trade show or industry events, invest in the best material, hardware, and case that you can justify in your budget. It will last – and it will look better, longer. Inferior construction and materials can cause the displays to tear, wear, rip, and crack. The last thing you want is a tired, old display weighing your brand down.One other consideration: if you are going to be using the display outside or near windows, it is a good idea to choose UV-resistant materials. This will protect it from dangerous rays so it will not fade or crack.
- Is it easy to set up and take down? How long will it take one or two staffers to assemble the display and to pack it up at the end of the show? Portable trade show exhibits should take from five to fifteen minutes. If it takes longer than that, look elsewhere! You need that valuable pre-show time to prep, and the post-show time to follow up on leads!
- How portable is it really? Sometimes, “portable” means different things to different manufacturers and suppliers! Look for a product that folds up and includes a durable carrying case. Ask about the weight: is it light enough for one person to carry? Can it be checked as luggage on flights? Can you fit it easily into the company vehicle? Is it going to cost a fortune to ship?
- Can you use it elsewhere? When you choose a versatile display model, you can reuse trade show booths for promotions, product launches, sales events, lobby displays, community activities, and much more. Again, invest in the highest quality you can, and look for adaptability so that it can flex to suit your needs.
- How much does it cost? Cost is always a factor, especially in the expensive trade show world. In addition to the upfront price, though, consider the return on your investment. If you can wow audiences and use your booth multiple times and for multiple purposes, it is often worth it to pay a bit more for higher quality.
Think about these five questions before selecting your trade show displays. Taking the time to choose the best option will help ensure that you will be that much closer to a successful engagement, and that you will realize a strong return on investment.