Popup Displays: Trade Shows and Beyond
They say you never get a second chance to make a first impression. For once, “they” are right! This adage is even truer for brands; in a fiercely competitive landscape, you have fractions of a second to make an impact. If you don’t, consumers simply move on to the next option. But you do have those milliseconds, and it’s critical that you make the most of them. How? Two words: popup displays.
What is a Popup Display?
A lean, mean marketing machine. Or, at least it can be if you utilize it correctly. Popup displays are simple, low-tech solutions that make a big impact. While they come in all shapes and sizes, they typically consist of an ultra-lightweight metal frame and graphics panels.
When you opt for a high-quality model, your logo, text, and graphics are printed on durable fabric with a cutting-edge dye sublimation process (that is, extreme heat is used to transfer your unique design onto the banner). This allows you to create a completely customized display at a reasonable price.
Why Are Popup Displays a Must for Trade shows and Other Events?
When you attend an industry event, you need to capture the attention of your target audience. The difficulties, though, are that there are crowds of other brands trying to do the same thing – and potential customers soon get overloaded with stimuli.
Popup displays help you overcome these challenges and achieve event success. When well-designed, they capture the eye of your audience, instead of overloading it. They help your brand stand out and convey a polished, professional image. Break out from the crowd and make a statement.
What is a “well-designed” popup display? It’s one that follows the basic rules of design – not that you can break a rule or two now and then – but be cautious with banners. You want to ensure that you make an impact without causing visual overload, fatigue, and disengagement. With this in mind:
- Minimize text. The fewer words, the better.
- Include your logo. If you haven’t had a professional designer create a logo, consider it as a great investment in your future.
- Use bold colors. Yellows, reds, blacks, blues, and whites are classic choices that draw the attendees’ eyes.
- Include impactful images or photos, if applicable.
- Make sure it is visible from a distance. Some tradeshows and events have height requirements, so check on specific regulations. Reach as high as you can to make yourself visible from a distance.
Cost is always a concern, especially at tradeshows. Here, too, popups offer a money-saving solution. The initial price point can be under $100 for smaller models, and you can find large ones for less than $200. Remember that these are fully-customized and ready to roll-out as soon as you receive them.
But popup displays also help you cut costs in indirect ways as well:
- Weight. Cutting weight confers a host of benefits. It ensures that your displays are easy to transport; some models break down into a package compact enough to be carried onto airplanes, and you can always stash them in your car or pay a carrier to ship it. In any case, these options eliminate exorbitantly expensive shipping costs associated with heavy, customized exhibits.
Labor. You will not need to hire extra people to deliver, set up, or take down your display. This can be done by your regular event staff (or you). Another indirect benefit: this leaves your employees more time to prepare and engage with event attendees.Many popups can be assembled in just five to ten minutes. With the time they save, can your staff capture the attention of one more prospect? Close one more deal? Generate another hot lead?
- Multiple Uses.Often, custom exhibits are designed for a specific event. After it’s done, so is the display. With popups, you have the built-in versatility you need to realize a strong return on your investment. Reuse them for sales, promotions, community appearances, and other special events. Opt for a high-quality frame and fabric, and you will be using your display for years.
- Change. But if you use the same asset over and over, won’t it get stale? You’re right. To continue to reach your audience, you have to stay current. It’s easy to do this with popup displays. Some models feature Velcro tabs on the back of the banner and frame. To give your brand an instant, and effective, revamp, simply detach your existing banner and put on a new one. Update: done!
While important, cost is just one consideration. Popup displays would not be the go-to solution for brands if they did not deliver consistent results. They can help you convey a polished image that aligns with your brand goals and objectives.