In the trade show world, too many brands equate “custom” with “better,” and believe a high-quality, effective exhibit is way out of their financial reach. There is a way, though, to wow audiences, build awareness, meet objectives, and stay within budget: modular displays. Not only can they deliver stellar performances, their value can outpace that of high-priced custom displays.
How are modular trade show displays better than custom trade show displays? Here are just a few benefits they offer over their higher-priced, heavier counterparts:
- They cost less. With a custom exhibit, you have to pay for designers, fabricators, project managers, and everyone else who is involved in its creation. A display like this can cost tens (and, for bigger, brands, even hundreds) of thousands of dollars.
- They’re easier to set up and take down. Lightweight and agile, modular exhibit displays can be set up or taken down in just about 25 minutes by one or two staffers. This adds to the indirect savings in the form of labor and time.
Custom exhibits require not only specialized transit, but crews to assemble them before the show, and then tear them down after. An added concern: if you have to hire people, you have the added hassle of union issues, contracts, and, of course, relying on people you don’t know to do a good job.
- They ship for less. Today’s design innovations allow these displays to fold into small packages. You can check them as luggage on flights, stow them in the company car, or use a package carrier – all of which cost much less than transporting custom displays. Storage, too, is easier: you can put them in a closet or back supply room rather than renting pricy lot space.
- Mix and match. Modular display systems can be reconfigured in virtually endless ways to accommodate different trade show floor footprints or brand campaigns. You can use the same asset at the same shows year after year – and no one will ever know. Another possibility is reconfiguring them and using them at other trade shows, sales events, product launches, and more.
- Reuse, recycle, renew. Need updated images? Want to promote a new product or show off a logo reboot? Portable display booths can be updated to reflect current needs. You can “re-skin” your display or add or subtract modular components to achieve a custom look.
Custom displays have been dethroned as the king of the trade show. Big, heavy, clunky, and cumbersome, they do not allow you to move with agility in the fast-paced trade show world. Modular displays, on the other hand, allow you to achieve your goals without the enormous cost and hassle. For your next trade show, save money without sacrificing quality or results.